Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What can cause my internet speed to fluctuate up and down?

Recently my net has been weird where the speed will go up and down like a wave, but my isp AT%26amp;T said the dsl is fine... it mostly does it when I use it and I did a virus scan and a rootkit scan but it found nothing, the modem isnt very old so I dont think its dieing either... I have checked all cables and they are fine... id like to know if there is anything I can do so it stopsWhat can cause my internet speed to fluctuate up and down?
Your bandwidth is shared with other users. DSL providers usually oversell bandwidth on the theory that not everybody will be downloading at the same time. If too many other people nearby are downloading, it will slow your access down. There isn't much you can do about it. Some providers will be happy to charge more for higher guaranteed bandwidth.

No comments:

Post a Comment