Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where in the internet can I find primary source doucments of the Aztecs?

I don't know what is a primary source and where can i find it on the internet? I am confused. I need an example. Thanks for the help.Where in the internet can I find primary source doucments of the Aztecs?
Primary information is information that comes from people who lived at the time and places in which they write about. Secondary information would be information which is gathered to tell a story and give facts of a past in which the writer was not involved in.



For example, you can probably create primary information about what happened to you last weekend, or what happened and what you felt during a certain period/date in your lifetime. You, however, cannot create primary information about things that happened one-hundred years ago, or anything else that happened before you were born or not involved with. This would be secondary information because you will need to look up things from other so that you can write about it.



So, what you should be looking for are pieces of material which people in Aztec times created. That would either be Aztecs themselves, the Spaniards, Europeans, or basically anyone else who was living at the time and was able to write about it at that time.



I hope this helps you. I don't know of any specific websites, but once you know what to look for they should be simple to find. I would suggest that you look into more formal websites (.org, .edu, .gov) for primary sources. If your school provides them, suscription services can be a big help.Where in the internet can I find primary source doucments of the Aztecs?
Try this site:



http://www.indigenouspeople.net/aztec.ht鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment