Saturday, March 10, 2012

What are the effects of the internet on traditional bricks and mortar stores?

What is internet?

What is referred to as brick and mortar store

What is the advantage of the traditional brick and mortar stores over internet retail.What are the effects of the internet on traditional bricks and mortar stores?
I live in Tennessee and the sales tax here is almost 10%, so I can buy something over the internet and the shipping charge is sometimes cheaper than the sales tax.



I know some states are trying to require that sales taxes be collected on the internet, but I think requiring the sales tax over every purchase on the internet would be a monumental feat. Don't think that will happen in the next few years. That's why I even prefer shopping internet over even the shopping channels on tv......because the shopping channels charge both tax AND shipping.



I love shopping on eBay because I can normally find exactly what I was looking for and sometimes save as much as 50% on the item. I've bought around 75 items so far on eBay and I am a satisfied customer so far.



I still enjoy going to the mall and brousing in the department stores.......but if I'm planning on buying something expensive, I will probably come home and shop around on-line to see if I can find a better deal...........plus no tax.



Recently, I wanted to buy some shoes for work that cost $130 plus tax at my local store. I came home and bought them over the internet for $99 and got free shipping and no tax. Can't beat that. The shoes arrived and they were exactly as I ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment