Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How do I connect my laptopt to the internet in a Wifi hotspot?

I just bought an HP Omnibook 900 with an Airlink 101 Wireless card. The previous owner said that he used the wireless to connect to the internet without any problems. So here is the question. This is my first time using a laptop with wireless, so If I am in a hotspot offering wifi (such as a bookstore), what do I need to do to connect to the internet. Should it be as simple as clicking on the internet explorer and it will automatically detect the signal and pull up , or do I have to select something on the control panel ? Right now the laptop is running Windows ME, I plan to change it to XP in the future so I can run off wireless from my home home internet provider (comcast). Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to the internet. Thanks.How do I connect my laptopt to the internet in a Wifi hotspot?
go start and choose connetct to... then if its not there then scann and double click it and it wil start connecting.. and your done

No comments:

Post a Comment