Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Internet Explorer-How can I set content advisor on certain accounts but not others?

I have 3 user accounts for Internet Explorer. One of them, used by a minor, is a limited account. I have blocked certain pages I don't want him visiting thru Content Advisor, which I have set a password for. This works great for the limited account, but it also affects my full access "computer administrator" account by putting the same restrictions on my account.

I know I can override the blocked pages by putting in my password, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. But if I set content advisor for one account, it is enabled for all the accounts, no matter what type it is.

How can I set content advisor on one account only?Internet Explorer-How can I set content advisor on certain accounts but not others?
Ok,this is one area where Windows Vista is usefull,Vista has a feature called Parental Controls which allows you to restict internet access for your children without affecting your own browsing,you can also produce an activity log of what sites have been visited etc.

Unfortunately it means getting Vista,Microsoft does have a

free program called Windows Live Family Safety Settings which has some usefull features but I have heard reports that is not exactly user friendly but it might be worth looking at.

Do a google search for it,I think it might still be in beta testing.

hope this helps anywayInternet Explorer-How can I set content advisor on certain accounts but not others?
The best approach for this is setting up different parental control users in your "control panel". When the computer boots up your child will have his/her own icon to log into windows....and you will have your own icon with a password to log in. Now the computer will remember all the settings within each user. I hope this isn't to confusing.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment